“You can’t be sad if you have a cupcake in hand!”
Hi guys! I hope you have had a great half term so far and let me know in the comments what you have done or what you are going to do. Today’s post, as you can see in the title, is going to be a cupcake recipe! But not just any ordinary cupcakes – duh! Chocolate and vanilla Easter themed cupcakes!! Before we get started I just want to let you know that I will be doing a Q&A post soon so please leave your questions in the comments below and I will be answering appropriate questions (and particularly anonymous questions). Please do feel free to ask as many as you feel like because you know what they say – the more the merrier!!! Let’s get started!
You will need:
- Chocolate cake mix
- Vanilla cake mix
- Vanilla and chocolate frosting
- Piping bags (alternative – food/freezer bags)
- Multi-coloured tiny bead sprinkles
- Cupcake cases
- Mini Eggs or Golden Eggs… or both!
What to do, what to do…
- Always, always, always wash your hands and get your surface squeaky clean and spotless! Don’t forget your apron!
- Mix up the cake mixes in separate, clean bowls (use the packet’s instructions to guide you)
- Pour in the batter into your cupcake cases then place in a suitable baking pan (note – you do not need a cupcake tray. Any suitable baking tray will do the job just as well!) Times and temperatures may vary depending on the cake mixes’ instructions.
- Once baked, let all the cupcakes cool on a heat proof rack.
- As your delicious cupcakes cool down, it be a smart idea to prepare your frosting. Make sure you use the instructions that came with the frosting ’cause I can’t help you with that one.
- But what I can help with is this. Once you have mixed up the frosting, add in your sprinkles. The reason why I put it into the icing is so it’s shared out evenly on the cupcakes and won’t be scattered all over the cupcake untidily.
- Cut of the tops of the c-cakes if needed to make it flat. Be careful not to cut too much off.
- Squeeze on the frosting to your hearts desire then place on your chosen eggs or any treat for that matter (just this is Easter themed so we will stick to eggs for this season 😀 ).
And that’s the recipe!! I hope you enjoyed this post today and as always, I hope you found it interesting or helpful in any way. Again, as always, don’t forget to like this post to show me you liked it because I’d really love to know! Don’t forget to leave your questions in the comments and I will see you in my next post.
Thank you for reading,